January 5, 2013

Super Nintendo "Crash Course" Playlist

This console defined my early childhood... Sure, I suppose I did have a 2600, an NES, a Genesis and even a Game Boy first.., but those were all bestowed upon me without much preempting. The 2600 and the NES got me hooked on video games in the first place, and the Genesis helped me acquire a more sophisticated gaming pallet, but the SNES was different. All of my previous gaming experience led me to one inescapable conclusion... I just had to have a Super Nintendo! I begged for that thing for a whole year! I pined for that machine like no other, and when it came for Christmas 1992 with a copy of The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past, it was everything I'd been waiting for! With 256 colors, awesome sound, great controllers and an excellent game library including RPGs, Platformers, Beat'em ups and Fighters the SNES was solid from top to bottom. Everything about the SNES was "Super," and let's not forget Super Mario World and Super Metroid! Just writing this makes me want to play those games right now... More >>

(Posted on the SNES page)