January 3, 2013

Nintendo 64 "Crash Course" Playlist

I'll admit I didn't own a Nintendo 64 back when it came out. No, our house had Saturn and a PlayStation on top of our aging 3rd and 4th generation consoles, and those seemed to be enough. However, I'll also admit that my jaw dropped when I saw the N64 kiosk at Electronic Boutique in 1996! Seeing Super Mario 64 in action was enough to make me jealous of friends that had it, but actually playing it..? The game played like no other 3D platformer to come before it, and some will argue that the genre begins and ends there. The N64 couldn't play CDs, it's games were often limited by the size it's cartridge format and the controller was a real head scratcher (what was Nintendo thinking?), but when it came to 3D gameplay, this curvy console proved it's worth. More >>

(Posted on the N64 page)