January 8, 2013

Sony PlayStation "Crash Course" Playlist

To be honest, the PlayStation kind of snuck up on me. I was a 14 year old in 1995, perfectly happy with my Genesis & SNES and completely oblivious to Sony's plans for world domination. At the time I was familiar with the Sega Saturn, and wanted one badly, but I was extremely skeptical about any new company attempting to enter the gaming hardware realm. I mean, think about it... Many had already tried and failed. There was the 3DO, Amiga CD, Phillips CD-i, Atari Jaguar and the Pioneer LaserActive just to name a few. Hell, even the Neo•Geo and TurboGrafix met with only modest success in the States, despite being well established back in Japan and both great consoles in their own right. So, when I walked into my local EB Games, I had no idea what this flat gray box was or where it came from, but I remember being extremely doubtful that it would be anything more than another CD-i... More >>

(Posted on the PlayStation page)