January 6, 2013

Sega Genesis "Crash Course" Playlist

The Sega Genesis (or Mega Drive) was badass back in 1990, and not much has changed! Fortunately, unlike the NeoGeo, it was affordable back then and still is today. I remember getting "mine" in 1991 for my sister's birthday. Well.., that is, I ended up playing it a lot more than she did, so... yeah. Anyway, where do I begin? The machine was jet black and came with an attitude. It had amazing 16-bit graphics and one of the best sound chips I've ever heard. Oh, did I mention BLAST PROCESSING..? The Genesis had freaking BLAST PROCESSING, and that had me sold from day one! It would take a nearly perfect console such as this to do battle with Nintendo's looming juggernaut, the Super Nintendo, and it would be one of the closest fight in history. More >>

(Posted on the Genesis page)